Tools to start your business
Business information tools available at The Seattle Public Library and the web that will help you start your business.
Start your business tools
- ABI/INFORM Trade & Industry Search here for the full text of industry and trade magazines, journals and newsletters.
- Business Insights: Global Detailed information about companies, industries and economies worldwide, plus interactive rankings, statistics and tools to help students and researchers analyze information to gain deeper insights.
- Business Plans Handbook Interested in starting your own business? This collection of actual business plans written by entrepreneurs seeking funding for small businesses in the manufacturing, retail and service industries offers real-world examples to show you the way.
- DemographicsNow Provides detailed U.S. demographic information and statistics to help with business research, market analysis and more.
- lynda.com Learn a new skill at your own pace, with thousands of courses covering animation, audio, video, business skills, marketing, design, photography, programming and much more. Login to lynda.com.
- Puget Sound Business Journal and Book of Lists Get online access to the Puget Sound Business Journal for local business news. The Book of Lists offers rankings and information about Seattle-area businesses. This resource is available only in Library locations.
- ReferenceUSA Looking for someone? Search this database of more than 25 million U.S. and Canadian businesses and more than 267 million U.S. residents. Download up to 250 records at a time.
- RMA eStatement Studies Look at benchmark financial statements and ratios for businesses. These studies provide detailed financial data to help entrepreneurs and startups create strategic plans and compare them to real-world measures.
- Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce Get online access to the Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce for local information on business, construction, real estate, engineering, architecture, and more.